- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup Vegetable or sunflower oil
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- White peppercorns
- Sea salt crystals
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard and oil in the mixing cup, making sure to add the oil last.
- Place the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ immersion blender attachment into the bottom of the mixing cup, then blend for 8-10 seconds. Then, slowly draw the immersion blender up through the middle of the jug to incorporate the oil.
- Repeat a couple of times until you have a thick mayonnaise.
- Season to taste with the 2in1 salt and pepper grinder and stir through any extra seasoning and ingredients you want to add.
All ingredients are best at room temperature before making the mayonnaise. Once made, store in the fridge for a couple of days in a clean jar or bowl.
Add a good drizzle of Truffle oil when blending for truffle mayonnaise.
Extra ingredients and flavors you could add once the mayonnaise is made:
- Sriracha Sauce
- Garlic (fresh or roasted)
- Fresh Herbs
- Blue cheese
- Wasabi paste