- (1) 14 oz can chickpeas
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups vegan cream of your choice
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- Heat oven to 230°F
- Using a pencil, mark out the circumference of a dinner plate about 8 inches on baking parchment. Line a baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Using the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ can opener attachment, open the chickpeas. Drain the can of chickpeas over a bowl to catch the water, saving the chickpeas for another recipe.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the chickpea water until soft peaks form (this will look similar to egg whites). Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until thick and glossy. This will take a good 10 minutes. This takes longer than a traditional meringue but is important to help the meringues hold their shape.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue mixture using the template as a guide, making sure the outside edges are slightly higher than the middle. Bake for about 1hr 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool before adding the topping of your choice (see pavlova recipe)
- Using the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ whisk attachment, whisk the vegan cream, icing sugar, vanilla paste and the other teaspoon of rose water in a large bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form, being careful not to over-whisk.
- Add spoonfuls of whipped cream to the center of the meringue dollop. Top with roasted figs, drizzles with the fig coulis and sprinkle the chopped and whole pistachios or fresh berries