Butterbean + cannellini bean hummus
- 1 can butterbeans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon Lebanese 7 spice mix (see recipe)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Using the BLACK+DECKER kitchen wand™ can opener attachment to open the cans of beans.
- Take a sieve and drain both cans, reserving a small cup of liquid which you can set to one side.
- Put all the beans, Lebanese 7 spice, garlic, tahini and lemon juice into the mixing cup. Using the immersion blender attachment, blend to a smooth paste. If you feel that the mixture is too thick add some of the reserved liquid from above - adding a little at a time to reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper using the spice grinder attachment to taste. Blend again to incorporate the seasoning.
- Serve in a suitable bowl. Make a slight dip in the middle of the hummus and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of Lebanese 7 spice.
Leftover hummus keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- Pita / flat breads
- Raw / grilled vegetables
- Fries or chips
- Grilled fish