Zanzibar curry powder
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole yellow mustard seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat a small, dry frying pan over a medium heat and then add all the whole spices. Toast them, stirring until they begin to brown and release their aroma and natural oils (about 30-40 seconds). Let spices cool completely.
- Transfer to the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ spice grinder attachment and grind to a fine powder.
- Once ground, mix the ground spices with brown sugar.
- Store in a jar in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.