3 ½ cups baby potatoes diced into ¾ inch pieces
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2x whole, dried Kashmiri chillies
1 onion, sliced
1 can chopped tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
2 tablespoons Zanzibar curry powder (see recipe)
Sea salt and pepper to season
- Fresh coriander and toasted coconut flakes
- Pour the oil into a medium pan and set over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and whole chillies. As soon as the seeds begin to pop (a matter of seconds), add the onions, reduce the heat, and slowly cook the onions until soft but not brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and Zanzibar curry powder. Stir for another minute. Coat the potatoes well with the seeds and spices.
- Add the remaining canned chopped tomatoes as well as the tomato, garlic and ginger purée. Mix well, bring up to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid, and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Check occasionally that the tomatoes do not reduce too much. If it looks very thick, add a splash of water.
- Season well with the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ 2in1 salt and pepper grinder attachment.
- Finally, add the chopped coriander and stir through. Top with flaked coconut to serve.