Perfect for Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine
- 2 large, egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- Fine Sea Salt to taste
- Ground white pepper
- Place egg yolks and lemon juice in the mixing cup.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter until fully melted, very hot and bubbly. Transfer melted butter to a suitable bowl for easy pouring.
- Place the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ immersion blender attachment into the mixing cup, lowering it fully to touch the bottom of the jug, and turn it on. Pour in the very hot butter in a slow and thin, steady stream until it's gone. This should take 45 seconds to a minute, until you have a perfectly emulsified Hollandaise sauce.
- Season with salt and white pepper using the 2in1 salt and pepper grinder attachment.
- At this point you can add any flavors you wish to (see below)
- Best used straight away.
Tip - Things to be added to hollandaise to make different sauces
- Béarnaise sauce with Tarragon is ideal to serve with beef. Add 1 tablespoon of finally chopped tarragon to the Hollandaise sauce.
- Sauce Paloise is with mint and is ideal to serve with lamb and grilled vegetables. Add 1 tablespoon of finally shredded mint to the Hollandaise sauce.
- Sauce Bavaroise is hollandaise with cream, horseradish, and thyme. Add 1 tablespoon of horseradish sauce and ½ teaspoon freshly picked, baby thyme leaves to the Hollandaise sauce.
- Sauce crème fleurette is hollandaise with Crème Fraîche. Add 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche to the Hollandaise sauce.