Cinnamon + cardamom coffee
- 1 ½ cups milk of your choice
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons espresso instant coffee powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- Sugar to taste - or honey or maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
For an extra twist, add a tablespoon or two of cognac or coffee liqueur at the end.
- Add the milk, water, coffee powder, cinnamon, and crushed cardamom to a medium, non-stick pan (Make sure you do not fill to the top - you want a little room in case the liquid boils up.)
- Bring to just below boiling point - you don’t want to boil it. Let it sit for about 60 seconds to allow spices to infuse and then add back to the heat and repeat twice more. Strain into the mixing cup. Then add sweetener if desired.
- Take the BLACK+DECKER kitchen wand™ milk frother attachment and insert into the mixing cup. Hold the jug at an angle and turn on the wand. Move the frother up and down until foamy bubbles form, for about 20 seconds. Tap the container on the work surface to break down any large bubbles. You will want lots of foam!
- Add the alcohol now if desired.
- Serve in a suitable glass or mug and top with lots of froth and a sprinkle of cinnamon