Carrot, ginger and orange soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 ½ cups carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, grated (about 1-inch nub)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup double cream or vegan cream (optional)
- A few fresh coriander stems or dill, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes until soft but not colored. Add the carrots, ginger and vegetable stock and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the carrots are cooked through.
- Use the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™ immersion blender attachment to blitz the mixture, until silky smooth.
- Return to the pan, add the orange juice and zest and gently reheat. Season with the 2in1 salt and pepper grinder attachment to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream and a sprinkle of chopped herbs, if using.