Step 1. Cut the Parts
Use the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Cordless Lithium-Ion 5-1/2 in. Circular Saw to cut the following pieces from the pressure-treated 2 x 4 stock:
- (2) pieces, 91-1/2" long for the ledger and fascia
- (3) pieces, 53-1/4" long for the back legs and back divider support
- (3) pieces, 46-1/4" long for the front legs and front divider support
- (2) pieces, 25" long for the outer roof joists
- (2) pieces, 29" long for the center roof joists
Cut a 15-degree angle on one end of the front and back legs and on both ends of the 25" and 29" roof joists, without losing any length. Mark the angled cut by measuring down 1" from one corner of the leg, then draw a line from the mark to the opposite corner.
The angles on each joist should be parallel to each other. Make the cuts with the 20V MAX* Circular Saw.
Cut the following pieces from the 1 x 4 pine stock:
- (6) pieces, 30" long for the shelf supports
- (1) piece 49-1/4" long for the center splice on the back
Cut the following pieces from the 3/4" plywood:
- (1) piece, 33 x 96" for the roof
- (2) pieces, 53-1/4 x 47-1/4" for the back
- (2) pieces, 31 x 53-1/4" for the sides
- (1) piece, 30-1/4 x 53-1/4 for the center divider
- (3) pieces, 23-3/4 x 30" for the shelves
Cut a 15-degree angle on the top edges of the two plywood side pieces and the center divider, without losing any length. Mark the angle by measuring down 8" from one top corner (the top edge is 31" long on the sides and 30-1/4" long on the divider), then draw a line from the mark to the other top corner.
Layout the angles before cutting the pieces so you can fit two pieces (with the angles facing each other) on one sheet of plywood. Make the cuts with the 20V MAX* Circular Saw.