Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter 40 Gallon
Free Shipping + Free Returns when you purchase from blackanddecker.com
Turn food scraps and yard waste into nutrient-rich compost soil with the BLACK+DECKER® tumbler composter. Tumble the compost barrel with minimal effort. The built-in, large handle with gear system makes it easy and efficient.
Turn food scraps and yard waste into nutrient-rich compost soil with the BLACK+DECKER® Tumbler Composter. Tumble the compost barrel with minimal effort. The built-in, large handle with gear system makes it easy and efficient. Don't get caught without compost. The dual chamber allows you to add compost ingredients to one side while letting the other side cure. Our Tumbler Composter accelerates the decomposition process by aerating the soil with the built-in mixing bars, giving you finished compost soil in weeks in ideal conditions.
- EASY TO USE: Large, built-in handle with gear system requires minimal effort to turn the barrel
- ACCELERATED PROCESS: Internal mixing bars aerate material while spinning to help accelerate decomposition
- ALWAYS HAVE COMPOST: With two chambers, you can add ingredients to one side while letting the other side decompose
- FAST COMPOSTING: Aerating vents help promote fast composting with air flow
- SIMPLE TO LOAD: Two sliding doors make it easy to load and unload
- DURABLE: Frame and barrel are made of materials to help withstand the elements.
- PEST PREVENTION: Barrel sits 1.5 ft. off the ground to help prevent pests from getting into your composter.
Battery Included:NoCordless vs Corded:CordlessGTIN:00885911802000Indoor/Outdoor:OUTDOORNo. of Batteries Required:1Power Type:NON-ENERGY USINGProduct Application:GardeningHeight:37.9 INLength:29.4 INWeight:33.0 LBWidth:7.0 INWatt Hours:0Warranty:2 Year Limited Warranty
Easy backyard composting
Simple to use – with quick results
Add food scraps and yard waste on one side of the composter while the other side cures. Have finished compost in weeks.
A large handle and gear system make turning the barrel easy, even when full.
Food scraps? Toss 'em in.
Our tumbling composter transforms everyday food and yard waste into nutrient-rich soil.
Mechanics make the difference
Tumbling action and internal mixing bars speed the composting process. Aerating vents help boost air movement.
Practical and strong
Easy to load, unload — and built to last. A 40-gallon capacity means great soil will always be on hand.
Product Q&ASubmit a New Question
- Using a bin keeps waste and debris organized and contained. It is also collecting compost in a handy place for easier transport to wherever your plants grow. For those who use raised beds in gardens, such as these by BLACK+DECKER, the mixture from your tumbling composter can go right into the beds once they are assembled.
- You'll want a mix of vegetable debris, like the leaves off broccoli, onion skins, or the vines from your tomato plants, plus yard waste such as twigs, leaves, and clippings. Ensure that your closed composter gets some exposure to sunlight, to keep things inside warm. The composter's components should be damp, but not sodden.
- Worms aren't needed for composting; natural decomposition will still occur. If you would like to add worms to enrich the content or speed the process, be certain to investigate the type of worm you add. There are many invasive species for sale. A good suggestion would be to utilize a species already common and safe for your own environment.