Overnight oats with superfoods
Delicious overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. There are endless combinations you can use, just use your imagination - add fruit, nuts, seeds, and more.
- 2 ½ cups milk of your choice (dairy or any plant milk will work)
- 6 tablespoons yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of your choice
- 1 ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries of your choice
4 clean jars with lids
- Add the milk, yogurt, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, maple syrup and nut butter to the mixing cup.
- Using the immersion blender attachment on the BLACK+DECKER® kitchen wand™, blend until all ingredients are well-incorporated and smooth.
- In a large bowl add the oats, chia seeds, hemp seed and salt.
- Add the milk liquid from the measuring jug to the oats and stir well.
- Divide into 4 glass jars and top with berries and mixed seeds. Seal each with a lid.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
Storing the oats in air-tight glass jars or containers will keep for up to 5 days. This will also make it easy to eat it on the go and prevent spills.