2. Mow 1/3 of the length of grass at a time. Cutting anymore than 1/2 can damage your grass and stunt growth. Wait 2-3 days to cut again if it gets too tall.
3. Keep mower blades sharp. Dull mower blades tear grass and cause it to lose more water. This leaves grass vulnerable.
Pruning and Trimming
4. Each year, poor pruning kills more plants than pests. Stick to the 1/3 rule, pruning no more than 1/3 of growth at a time.
5. Clip inner branches of trees and hedges to promote healthy growth.
6. Keep an eye out for nesting birds when trimming, especially in the spring.
7. Use string trimmers at a 5-10 degree angle for an even cut.
8. Keep clippings from string trimmer out of storm drain - they can affect rainwater going to local streams.
9. Go eco-friendly with the 40V MAX* system, delivering the power you need without the fumes and mess of gas. Use the interchangeable batteries for your String Trimmer with POWERCOMMAND™, 24 in. Hedge Trimmer, 20 in. Mower, and more.
10. Wear eye protection and long clothing to protect from debris when trimming with any outdoor tool.
11. Keep people and pets 100 feet away from outdoor tools in use.