Kitchen + Dining
Homemade Sweet + Salty Snack Mix
Create an Account
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1½ - 2 hours on high
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Servings: About 20
Serving Size: 1 cup
4 cups cinnamon toasted rice cereal
4 cups honey nut toasted oat cereal
3 cups mini pretzels
2 cups honey roasted peanuts
6 crunchy granola oats and honey bars
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
How to Make Sweet + Salty Snack Mix
1. In a large bowl, place the first five ingredients (through granola bars) and stir to combine.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining seven ingredients and pour over the dry cereal mixture. Stir to coat.
3. Grease the slow cooker with cooking spray and pour the cereal mixture into the slow cooker.
4. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 1½ - 2 hours on high, stirring every 25 - 30 minutes to ensure the cereal doesn't burn.
5. Lay parchment paper on a flat surface and pour the cooked cereal mixture on top and spread out in a single layer to dry.
6. Once dry, try not to eat it all in one sitting.