Lawn + Garden Projects
Facts About Gasoline Powered Outdoor Tools
Did you know...
- Using a gasoline-powered lawn mower for one hour generates the same amount of air pollution as driving a car for 40 hours.*
- A gasoline-powered string trimmer operated for 1 hour is even worse as it generates pollution equivalent to driving a car for 60 hours.*
- Each year, one gas mower emits 88 pounds of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2)—along with 34 pounds of other pollutants—into the air.**
- Americans use 800 million gallons of gas per year mowing their lawns, creating 5% of the nation’s air pollution. **
- It’s estimated that over 17 million gallons of fuel, mostly gasoline, are spilled each year while refueling lawn equipment. That’s more than all the oil spilled by a huge oil corporation in the Gulf of Alaska!**